Friday, February 18, 2011

skip hop and a jump!

Well I am exercising! I have been derbying it up and pushing it until it hurts (which to be honest does not take alot right now!) At home I have been cleaning and working up a hell of a sweat doing my major life changing de-clutter! Yesterday I vacuumed the whole house including the lounge which was hard work and took me an hour to do! I am actually sore today from vacuuming - who would have thought that vacuuming could be such hard work.

Today was a play with kids day and shop with 2 on my own - which in itself teaches you to be light on your feet which I need to really improve in Derby. I had it pointed out that I dont step alot in Derby and I realise that there are a few factors involved here:

1 - I just need to practice it and make sure I do it! so totally my own fault for overlooking it as an important skill to have.

2. How I tie my skates up. I have them loose around my feet to stop foot pain I get, but the trade off is I like to stick my feet to the ground.

3. I think that I also practiced gluing my feet to the ground for pack/blocker skating so I dont trip people. I have spent so much time thinking about blocking and keeping my feet on the ground I have forgotten how to step! I have also never put my hand up for being a Jammer as I feel more at home as a blocker and if I ever find my voice on the track - a pivot. I find it ironic that I never shut the hell up for 2 mins ever in life, but in a scrim I suddenly suffer from selective muteness! WTF???

SOLUTIONS ... why discuss problems without them :D
I need to practice hopping and leaping about on my skates... so
Step 1 - I adjusted the way I lace up the skates, so they feel better on.
Step 2 - wear them and practice not letting my skates glide - step step step hop jump and skip :D

and dearest follower - if you have not given up on me - do you have any pointers as I am always impressed by your leaping and dashing :D

1 comment:

  1. 'Ello sweetheart! I'll never give up on you
    I'm glad you sorted your laces out. Stepping is uber ipmortant. It's my biggest drawback as a rollah. I am a huuuuge fan of doing The Nutbush, thanks to Deadie. On carpet, do it once normally, then hop through the second run-through. Practicing a Texas two-step is megarad too. I will collate a few and email you and run through some on Sunday during warm-ups :D

    ReplyDelete